Battlefield 2042 - Update #2
25. November 2021 - 15:00
Update #2 is now available, and brings a set of balance changes for vehicles and weapons, and fixes for critical bugs we found during the Early Access week of November 12.
For vehicles such as the LCAA Hovercraft, MD540 Nightbird, KA-520 Super Hokum and AH-64GX Apache Warchief we’ve made adjustments that brings them more in line with other vehicles. On the weapon front, you can expect increased recoil for the PP-29, and more consistent bullet spread for most weapons.
We also fixed several critical bugs we noticed were preventing a consistent game experience. These fixes include situations where you could not be revived or respawn as intended.
Once this update is in your hands we’ll follow with Update #3 which is tentatively set for deploy next week. It will be our biggest update so far and provides a larger and more substantial set of changes, including performance enhancements, balance changes, and further QoL improvements. For an early look at that, check out our blog from a couple of days ago.
The full update notes are available below. We’ll keep you updated on the roll out of the update and what's next over on the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account, where you can also follow along with our tracking of known issues, and changes that we’re able to make in real time.
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Bullet spread has been reduced on all weapons except Shotguns. This should result in better accuracy during gameplay
- Increased PP-29 vertical recoil to ensure that the weapon does not overperform when engaging outside of its intended combat range
- Resolved an issue where players who were killed close to obstacles such as walls or water were unable to be revived
- Resolved instances where players were stuck in a downed state and unable to respawn. We’ve also introduced a hidden timer that will activate after 30 seconds of being in a downed state that will force a redeploy should it be required
- MD540 Nightbird Mounted 20mm Cannons - we are reducing the radius at which bullets do damage upon impact, and decreasing their splash damage
◦ Reduced Blast Radius size from 3 to 2
◦ Reduced Inner Blast Radius damage from 1.5 to 0.75
- KA-520 Super Hokum - 30mm Cannon (side mount) - we are reducing overall damage and range at which bullets do full damage, while increasing the overall bullet spread
◦ Reduced Blast Radius from 2 to 1.6
◦ Reduced Blast Damage from 20 to 14
◦ Reduced bullet damage before Damage Fall Off starts 18 to 15
◦ Reduced Damage Fall Off distance from 200 to 180
◦ Reduced bullet damage at max Fall Off distance from 8 to 6
◦ Increased bullet range and spread
- AH-64GX Apache Warchief and KA-520 Super Hokum - 30mm Cannon - we are reducing the radius at which bullets do damage upon impact, and decreasing their splash damage
◦ Reduced Blast Damage from 20 to 18
◦ Increased the Damage Fall Off for enemies that are further away from the bullet impact center
- We reduced the overall damage of the Minigun for all Land Vehicles, alongside bullet damage drop off now starting earlier
◦ Reduced bullet damage before Damage Fall Off starts from 18 to 13
◦ Reduced Damage Fall Off distance from 60 to 40
◦ Reduced bullet damage at max Fall Off distance to 6
- Equipped armor type for the LCAA Hovercraft has been adjusted which increases it’s vulnerability against different weapon types
- Battlefield Portal - UAV-1
◦ The UAV-1 has been re-enabled within Battlefield Portal
◦ Greatly reduced health regeneration delay and speed
◦ Increased missile damage against vehicles and infantry
◦ The drone is now able to roadkill enemies
- Breakthrough matches will now correctly end after the last sector has been captured
- Resolved an issue that caused players queued for a match in Battlefield Portal to be sent back to the menu, instead of joining the match when a slot became available
- Made general improvements to stability to prevent rare occurrences of game crashing